- Paul Will Hold 2016 Strategy Session Next Month
- Brown Just Ahead in Tight New Hampshire Race
- Still Very Close in Wisconsin
- Democrats Get Back Into Kentucky
- Udall Slips Behind in Colorado
Chart of the Day
Posted at 8:30 a.m. on June 7, 2012
— Chart from the Congressional Budget Office showing the projected long-term budget outlook in two scenarios, via Ezra Klein.
The first option, the “extended baseline scenario,” shows projected debt and deficits if current policy is continued, including the Bush tax cuts and across the board spending cuts from the debt ceiling deal.
The “extended alternative fiscal scenario” shows projected data if Congress decides to delay or remove those policies.