- McDonnell Apologizes for Taking Gifts and Money
- Rubio Hints at Government Shutdown Over Immigration
- Close Three-Way Senate Race in Kansas
- Police Union Won't Back Democratic Convention in Brooklyn
- Is Obamacare Helping Some GOP Governors?
Will Obamacare Make Obama a Lame Duck?
Posted at 11:45 a.m. on Nov. 18, 2013
Edward Luce: “If three years is ample time to learn say Mandarin, or train to be a teacher, it ought to be enough to learn how to govern better. But Mr Obama’s problems derive chiefly from his tendency to react politically to events, rather than from a lack of time. His fumbling response to the woes engulfing the Affordable Care Act show how hard it is for him to kick the habit – even if the remainder of his presidency depends on it.”
“If this sounds too gloomy, consider Mr Obama’s second term record to date. With the exception of having stared down Republicans last month over their threat of a default, he has fallen at almost every hurdle… There is little reason to be confident Mr Obama’s power will rally sharply from this nadir.”