- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Life Expectency Lags in the U.S.
Posted at 8:40 a.m. on Jan. 8
The Incidental Economist notes that life expectancy in the United States fell behind the OECD median in the mid-1980s for men and the early 1990s for women.
“Note, the answer need not point to the health system. But, if it does, it’s not the first chart to show things going awry with it around that time.”