- McDonnell Apologizes for Taking Gifts and Money
- Rubio Hints at Government Shutdown Over Immigration
- Close Three-Way Senate Race in Kansas
- Police Union Won't Back Democratic Convention in Brooklyn
- Is Obamacare Helping Some GOP Governors?
Dozens of Democrats Break Rank on Obamacare Bill
Posted at 12:18 p.m. on Jan. 10
“Dozens of House Democrats broke ranks with President Obama on Friday to support legislation that would require people to be notified of security breaches under ObamaCare,” reports The Hill.
“The one-sentence bill says that no later than two business days after any security breach on an ObamaCare site is discovered, ‘the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall provide notice of such breach to each individual.’”
The White House opposed the bill, arguing that it would increase reporting requirement costs, and that “the government already has plans to tell people if their information has been compromised.”
“The White House stopped short of issuing a veto threat against the bill, but Senate Democrats are unlikely to take it up.”