- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Posted at 10:39 a.m. on Jan. 16
Jared Bernstein: I don’t know anyone who thinks 6.7 percent is representative of the amount of slack on the current job market … Based on numbers I’ve written about in greater detail, I think a more representative rate would be about 9 percent.
Wonk Wire follows the most important public policy stories of the day.
Sara Goddard is an editor of Wonk Wire with a concentration on environmental issues.Follow @wonkwire