- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
- Political Ads Flood the Airwaves
- Bonus Quote of the Day
- Rubio Changes Tune on Immigration
SOTU Preview: Americans See Room for Improvement
Posted at 7:47 a.m. on Jan. 27
Gallup puts tomorrow’s State of the Union speech in context with its comparison of key nationwide indicators from when President Obama took office in 2009 to 2014.
The bottom line: Americans consider the state of the union to be good, but could be better.
The most important issue facing Americans today: Government (vs the economy in 2009)
A general trend upward in public opinion on:
- “Economic confidence.”
- The way things are going in the U.S.
- The prospect of finding a quality job.
- Life Evaluation (those who are considered “thriving”).
Earlier on Wonk Wire: How policy is made in the State of the Union address.