- McConnell Campaign Manager Quits Amid Scandal
- Obama Weighs Delay in Action on Immigration
- Judge Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law
- Neck-and-Neck in Arkansas
- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
Majority of Uninsured Plan to Enroll in Obamacare Health Exchanges
Posted at 7:20 a.m. on Jan. 31
A new Gallup poll reveals that a majority (56%) of uninsured plan to get health insurance through the Obamacare health exchanges.
The Hill: “Among the entire public, 53% also plan to get health insurance. Thirty-eight percent, on the other hand, say they’re willing to pay a tax penalty.”
“Only 23% of the uninsured say they have visited a state or the federal exchange websites,” compared to 26% in December, and 20% in October.
Gallup: “A small but notable drop in the percentage of Americans who are uninsured in January … is a positive sign the Affordable Care Act is making progress toward its goal of getting more Americans covered.”