- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
February Jobs Report Better Than Expected
Posted at 10:15 a.m. on March 7
The economy added 175,000 jobs in February while the unemployment rate increased to 6.7%.
Politico: The “better-than-expected jobs report released on Friday eased some concerns that the economic recovery is stalling, and helped spur optimism that labor conditions could pick back up once the weather improves.”
The payroll number beat expectations of a previously estimated job growth of around 150,000.
“Still, jobs growth in February came in below the pace set over the past 12 months, when an average of 189,000 jobs were created each month.”