- Pat Toomey Is a Strong Candidate. Will That Be Enough in 2016?
- Both Parties Monitoring Impact of Arizona Redistricting Case
- Long List of Possible Barbara Mikulski Successors
- Mikulski Will Not Seek Another Term (Updated)
- Russ Feingold, Joe Sestak and the Improbable Senate Race Rematch
Will Nation’s Energy Boom Produce a New Export Era?
Posted at 1:05 p.m. on March 24, 2014
Ralph Vartabedian examines the nation’s energy production boom and the push by the oil and gas industry to open up export markets.
“The most often-heard domestic argument in favor of U.S. exports involves job growth.”
“But experts who study the industry question such exuberance. The entire oil and gas sector is a tiny part of the U.S. economy, accounting for about 600,000 direct jobs out of 132 million.”