- Pat Toomey Is a Strong Candidate. Will That Be Enough in 2016?
- Both Parties Monitoring Impact of Arizona Redistricting Case
- Long List of Possible Barbara Mikulski Successors
- Mikulski Will Not Seek Another Term (Updated)
- Russ Feingold, Joe Sestak and the Improbable Senate Race Rematch
Federal Taxes at Historic Lows
Posted at 9:06 a.m. on April 14, 2014
Washington Post: “One of the great ironies of the rise of the tea party movement was that it coincided with the lowest total tax burdens seen in at least 30 years… Overall the trend is downward. The average filer saw her effective tax rate drop from 22 percent in 1979 to 18.1 percent in 2010. Rates on the bottom 20 percent of tax filers went from 7.5 percent to 1.5 percent, while the top 20 percent of earners saw a more modest decrease, from 27.1 to 24.0 percent over the same period.”