- Top Democratic Campaign Staffers Chart 2016 Paths
- Ex-Rep. Brad Schneider Inches Closer to Rematch in Illinois
- Democrat Back for Rematch With Freshman Republican
- DCCC Robocalls Target GOP on DHS Funding
- Pat Toomey Is a Strong Candidate. Will That Be Enough in 2016?
Unemployment Rate Holds Steady at 6.3%
Posted at 8:41 a.m. on June 6, 2014
“The U.S. economy added jobs at a steady clip in May, providing renewed evidence that the five-year-long recovery accelerated this spring,” the Wall Street Journal reports.
“Nonfarm employment advanced a seasonally adjusted 217,000 last month, the Labor Department said. April’s gain was revised down slightly to an increase of 282,000 from an initially reported gain of 288,000. Still, April’s improvement was the best in more than two years. March’s gain was unrevised at 203,000.”
“The jobless rate, obtained from a separate survey of households, was unchanged at 6.3% in May, matching the lowest level since September 2008.”