- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
- Is Rick Perry Really Ready for 2016?
Obamacare Subsidies: How Much Will it Cost the Government?
Posted at 7:58 a.m. on June 18
Vox: The government is paying, on average, a much larger share of the tab: about $264 for each subsidized shopper’s monthly premium. The Congressional Budget Office has estimated that, over the course of this year, the federal government will spend a total of $20 billion on insurance subsidies like these.
LA Times: The large Obamacare subsidies “may push the cost of the law considerably above current projections.”
“Officials who worked on the report refused to speak on the record or discuss the potential impact of the subsidies on the long-term cost of the health law.
“Although the law’s costs have thus far been lower than projected, some experts question whether the subsidies will be sustainable.”